Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Thirty, Flirty, and Thriving...Well maybe just 30

I tend to be a very stubborn person, which makes it nearly impossible for Dallas to surprise me.  I don't mean to be this way; I just like to be efficient and I like to plan, so when Dallas tries to plan something that doesn't make sense I ask A LOT of questions.
Usually he gives up and ends up telling me the surprise he had planned or at least part of it to tide my curiosity over.  I know it's extremely frustrating for him, but I don't realize I've pushed the question barrier until it's too late...
Because of my unfortunate questioning habits, I never expected Saturday night (July 17th) to happen!

Dallas and I spent the morning with Janelle and Jason, while I tried to convince him to catch up on work later.  I hate it when he has to work on Saturdays, but I also realize that with the stress of his job, there is not much he can do about it.
I accepted the sad fact that he would not be able to come to Fort Point with us, but we would meet up with him later for dinner.  
There were several lies mixed up in our conversation, but for the sake of time I will leave it at that.

As we were driving back from the city, I was bragging about how proud Dallas would be of me since we were going to be home before our 6pm reservation.  Janelle and Jason quickly changed that by stalling, needing to use the restroom, etc., which I somehow didn't catch on to.

Of course you all can guess the ending to this story...
Dallas had planned a surprise party, complete with neighbors, nephews and niece, family, friends, and princess balloons, not to mention a whole heck of a lot of junk food.
I sure do love that guy!  And I still can't believe he actually pulled off a surprise :)






3 comments:

  1. What a great hubby! So glad you had an awesome birthday! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I just love a good surprise; so glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute cute. :) glad it was a good birthday. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed