Friday, July 30, 2010

Lovin' the Waves

Stuart's last day with us was Tuesday and when asked what he wanted to do he said the beach.  The bay area has so many fun beaches, north and south, but because of time we decided to go to one of the beaches in the city.  
Baker beach is one of my favorites because it is not usually populated and it has an amazing view of the bay.

It's located on the west side of the Golden Gate Bridge and you have to drive through the Presidio in order to access it.
It was the first time that Will had experienced sand and waves.  He was really curious when we first got there, but refused to leave the blanket until we'd been playing in the sand for over an hour.  



Lincoln, Rulon, and Ellis, on the other hand, could not hold in their excitement!  Within a few minutes they were drenched up to their wastes in ocean water. 



Heather finally had them take off their pants to try and dry off their clothes.  Since the boys have been in swim lessons all summer they have some pretty great tan lines!
(I love Rulon's facial expression in this one!)


Of course I had to show them how to take a jumping picture...you can never have enough jumping pictures!



I know this isn't Rulon jumping, it's him landing, but I couldn't help but LOVE his facial expression.  He is so hilarious, I could sit back and watch him all day and not stop laughing!

After the beach we brought pizza back to the house to surprise Erik who was working.  We spent a couple hours relaxing and then I drove Stuart into the airport.  It was so much fun to have him out here, hopefully we can convince him to come back soon...maybe Thanksgiving!?

Love ya Stuart!

5 comments:

  1. The one where Rulon has his tongue out looks like he's doing the New Zealand "Haka" (sp?) dance!

    We've never done a jumping picture - you'll have to teach me how!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't remember the last time I saw Stuart, but he has grown into such a handsome man! I'm so glad you got to have a great time with them. I love following all of your adventures. You lead such a full life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, it's a little bit funny because I feel like I know most of the people in your pictures… can't wait to visit you again and see the beach!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed