Friday, July 9, 2010

Up State New York: Day 3 Ithica


Is it totally weird that I find cemetaries absolutely gorgeous?
Having lived on the West Coast all my life, I was not expecting the beauty of the graveyards back East.  Everything has so much history and I loved how the headstones were above ground.  


On my third day visiting, Richard took the girls and I down to Ithica to visit Cornell University.  Cornell's main campus is located in Ithica, but Richard specialized in Agricultural sciences and the main research facility he worked at was in Geneva, about an hour away.  
He showed me around campus, which was beautiful, and then picked up his masters thesis hard bound copies and cap and gown for graduation.

On our way back to Geneva we stopped at a local waterfall that fed into Cayuga Lake.  We didn't have enough time to hike out to the base, but the view from the top was quite beautiful, so I didn't mind.




Richard was such a sweetheart to drive me around to see all the fun sites.  I had a blast hanging out with him and his adorable family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed