Friday, July 9, 2010

Up State New York: Day 4 Palmyra

My parents and Dallas flew into Rochester where we picked them up and headed straight to Palmyra to see some of the historic church sites.
We started at the visitors center located at the base of the Hill Cumorah.  I had the great idea to race Dallas straight up the hill instead of driving with the rest of the family...not the brightest idea I've ever had!


By the time we ran to the top in the blistering heat and humidity, we were a bit tired...


It was such an amazing feeling standing on such hollowed ground.  I am so grateful that I had the chance to visit the historical places from our church's history.  



After visiting the Hill Cumorah, we drove to the Smith Family homestead next to the Sacred Grove.  The church has restored the homes on the family plot, with tours given by the sister missionaries.
I wish I could put into words how it felt to visit the different historical sites.  The best I can do are images...


No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed