Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rice, Peas, and Carrots

Daxton is six months and now eating solids.
How has six months passed so quickly?
I swear it was only yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital.  I definitely miss the long hours of napping he would take in my arms.  It was so amazing to just snuggle all day long.  I am loving these new changes as well, though.  It is so much fun to see his little personality take shape.  He is such a happy little boy, with so many different facial expressions.  It's been a game for me to try and capture as many different expressions as I can.
We are now feeding him solids at least once a day.  He is getting better and better at training his tongue to not push the food outwards.  We have introduced rice cereal and several different types of vegetables.  It is fun to see what flavors he likes and dislikes.  So far we've had success with everything, but peas.  It was pretty funny to see him immediately shake his entire body in reaction to tasting his first spoonful.  After several tries, I finally gave up and offered him sweet potatoes.
Here are some of my favorite expressions so far...

Rice Cereal
  
Peas
(I couldn't take pictures of the mess since I was the one feeding him as well.  Just know that he was not happy with me at all.)

 Carrots
(We spent the first little while trying to keep his hands out of his mouth...to no avail.)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed