Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hardest Goodbye...

Life has been moving along so quickly.
Dallas, Daxton, and I have successfully moved into our new home in Florida, have received callings within our church, and have gone on several local adventures in south Florida.  I will continue to play catch up on our blog while my little guy takes his naps to make sure this new journey is all documented.  And what a journey it's been so far!

Going back to the beginning of August, Dallas had already left for Florida, while Daxton and I remained in California waiting for our things to be packed and moved cross country.  My mom drove down from Washington to help with everything and then drive Daxton and I up to Washington for a couple weeks.  Before the movers came at the end of the week, we spent one last crazy afternoon/evening with my brother Erik's family.  I have been asked several times what I loved most about the bay area.  Without fail, even though our friends we made were incredible and the city was so unique and beautiful, I always say being so close to family.  I will never be able to put into words how grateful we are to Erik and Heather and their sweet children.
We love them all so much.

Our evening started as usual with crazy antics, this time consisting of some very interesting dance moves while playing the Wii.
I love all the facial expressions!
Grandma and Daxton had a blast watching everyone.
I love watching Olive and Daxton interact.  They are a couple months apart and get along really well together.  It's funny to see them playing and then every once and awhile lift a toy up to share it with the other.
Lincoln showed off his serious soccer skills before dinner.

The kids always have a blast hanging out outside.  They have a trampoline, garden, patio, grass, play structure, swings, etc.  Daxton could stay over there forever and be totally content.

Sweet Olive
Daxton and Olive exploring the play structure.

Loving the swings!

Of course Daxton would find the sword to play with!
He is such a boy.

It was a fun night of yummy pizza from Skippolini's, fresh fruit, and hilarious company.

We postponed goodbyes as long as possible.
I loved watching everyone give hugs goodbye to my little Daxton.
In many ways it breaks my heart that he won't be raised in such close proximity with Links, Ru, Elly, Will, and Oli.  They've become like our children to us, not just nieces and nephews.  I know that we are were we are supposed to be right now and I'm excited for the new adventures we are having, but it doesn't change the fact that I love and am missing these kiddos!
Giving Daxton lots of hugs and kisses goodbye.
I can't say enough about how much I adore Heather.  She has been such an incredible strength to me over these last few years.  She's such an amazing example and has become a very dear friend as well as a sister.
Love you, Heather.

Simply put, I feel so blessed to be their auntie.
Love and miss them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed