Thursday, September 12, 2013

Roommates Reunited!

I lived in Provo, Utah for 10 years before meeting Dallas.
Which means I had A Lot of roommates throughout the course of those 10 years.  I literally lucked out with some of the most amazing roommates and friends throughout my experiences going to college at BYU and then later working as well.  While living in the Liberty Square apartments I had some of the most incredible roommates, Lisa Johnson being one of them.  I immediately fell in love with her spunky personality, hilarious sense of humor, and her willingness to be crazy and spontaneous with me.  She was such an incredible roommate and became a very dear friend.  That year I introduced her to my hometown friend, Ryan Holterhoff, and they ended up getting married a few months later.  Since then they have relocated back to the central Washington area so whenever I am home I try to make a special effort to catch up with her and her adorable family.  I love how it can be months or years in between visits and it feels like no time has passed.  She's still the spunky, hilarious friend from all those years ago.

This visit was especially fun because we were able to introduce our little guys, whom are only a month apart.  Grant and Daxton became fast friends.  Who knows, maybe some day they'll be roommates at college too!

Within minutes of meeting each other...



Lisa's older girls, Cameron and McKenzie, were such sweethearts and played with Grant and Daxton so well.  I can't believe how grown up they are now!

Lisa and Grant
I just love them!

We took the boys outside to play and they immediately got out the golf clubs.  It was so funny to watch them try to do everything while carrying a golf club around, especially the slide.

They also had a blast on the trampoline while kicking and throwing balls.  Daxton even somehow managed to get Grant's shoe off, which he was pretty proud of himself for.

Gotta love the static electricity!

I sure do love Lisa.  It was so fun to catch up with her, even though it didn't feel like nearly enough time.  She's such a great example to me and I feel so blessed to have her in my life.  I can't believe it's been 13 years since we lived together!  What a blessing her friendship has been in my life.

The day after seeing Lisa, I got the best surprise on my doorstep...Wendy!
Wendy is one of my best friends from high school.  We had so many amazingly fun and hilarious adventures together.  We also later got to be roommates together with Lisa in the Liberty Square apartments.  She was in town visiting family and our schedules happened to overlap perfectly!  It was the best surprise ever to catch up with her and spend time with her family.  I love her so very much!

The kids had a blast playing outside together and we simply loved chatting about anything and everything.  I can't believe how much her kids have grown!

Wendy is the epitome of amazing homemaker, mother, and loving wife.  If I could bottle up an ounce of her talent and creativeness, I would be set for life!  She's been such an incredible example to me throughout my life and I can honestly say that I am a better person because she's my friend.
Simply put, I love her.
Thanks for the perfect surprise!
It was so good to see you and your gorgeous family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed