Thursday, August 30, 2012

5 months old!

Have 5 months really passed?
I can't believe how quickly time flies by.
It seems like only yesterday we were holding our little man in the hospital; trying to maneuver around wires and machines.  How is it that time moved so slowly while he was in the NICU and now it seems to fly by in an instant?  We just received an invite to our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit reunion in September.  We feel so blessed that he had such amazing care at John Muir Hospital.
Looking at our little guy now no one would guess that he was 6 weeks early!  He has grown so well and continues to be the happy, perfect addition to our family.
 On his 5 month birthday I took him into the Day One center to get his exact weight.  I had to wake him up from his nap in order to put him on the scale, so I figured taking off his diaper was enough.  He's not a fan of taking on and off his clothes and so I figured a couple onsies weren't going to effect the final weight too much.
 It's pretty funny to see him stretch out longer than the scale.  I remember when we first weighed him in the hospital and he couldn't even touch from one side to the other.  Now he giggled kicking his legs all over the place.  His final weight is 16 pounds, 7 ounces (give or take an ounce due to the clothes.)
He's definitely my little buddy.
He sleeps so well at night, giving me at least 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep time.  We read our scriptures together during our morning feeding.  (He loves 3rd Nephi as much as I do!)  He laughs when I laugh and gives me extra snuggles when I cry.  He only throws up down my shirt on occasion and gives me drooly kisses all the time.
What else could a mommy ask for!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed