Thursday, August 30, 2012

Flashback Friday: High School Musical

My heart was definitely in Provo over the weekend.
I previously posted about my good friend, Jason, passing.
I was sad that I couldn't attend the memorial for him over the weekend, but our cousin got married in Oakland and we had several family members in town for the occasion.  While in the sealing room of the temple, though, I never feel closer to those that have passed.  It's such an amazing feeling to know that we will be reunited with our Heavenly Father again and to those that we have lost along our journey through life.

For this week's Flashback Friday I thought I would share another one of my favorite memories of our Sunset View gang.  About a month after I got married, I flew back to Utah for a VERY quick weekend.  Jason had gotten Janelle, Ashlee, and I all tickets to the touring broadway show High School Musical playing in Salt Lake City.  Our dream team of 4th grade teachers had performed at many an assembly doing different dance and musical numbers from the famous movies.  The soundtrack also became a go to on our long road trip through southern california two years previous.  In short, we were all obnoxious fans and super excited to see the musical and sing along with each number.
The four of us drove up to Salt Lake together for dinner and then the show.  Needless to say, Jason was extremely patient with our crazy antics of dancing in our chairs and singing along in the audience.  You would have thought that we were teenage girls at a Justin Beiber concert the way that we were behaving.  Which is why I love them all so much!
 After the show, Ashlee and I were literally dancing through the streets, which meant we simply HAD to take off our heels!
 I also took some amazing video footage from our car ride home, but I consider those escapades classified, so you will just have to be satisfied with some great still shots.  
What fun memories...
I sure do miss you all.
I'm glad things went well this past weekend.
My heart was with you all.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this.... great memories.
    When you have time, I would love to have any video clips you have with Jason in them. If you could put them on a disc or flash drive.... Thanks! (: We're all in this together.... Loves!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed