Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Road Trip: Drive Through Tree

When I was a little kid I watched a 'Chip n Dale' episode where Donald Duck chopped down the tree the chipmunks where living in.  Towards the end of the episode their antics climaxed with the tree falling onto Donald's train tracks and a perfect hole being cut out of the trunk for the train to ride through.  I remember thinking how cool it would be to ride through an actual tree.
This thought continued through my years as I heard about different trees found in the redwoods of Northern California that you could actually drive through.  So when we decided to visit the Avenue of Giants, Dallas made sure to help me check off one of my bucket list items...drive through a tree!
 View out the top of the sunroof through the middle of the tree.  
Pretty cool that it's hollow!

 Needless to say, it was AMAZING and I may have squealed like a little school girl the entire drive!

 

1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all the vacation pics. Nature is beautiful.
    P.S. Did you know you have a headless guy in the last pic?

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed