Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Maren and Julie visit: Lombard Street

According to Maren it's called "Lombardee" Street...

After visiting the Palace of Fine Arts, the Golden Gate Bridge, and then the Painted Ladies at Alamo Square, we figured we would end our driving tour by driving down Lombard street.  Like I mentioned in the last couple posts, there were TONS of tourists in the city and we ended up having to wait in a line to drive down the hill, a little ridiculous.  Neither Maren or Julie had ever been, so it was quite the experience, especially with Maren's head hanging out the window.



After Lombard Street, we drove down to the Embarcadero for dinner at the Americano restaurant.  It had amazing food and the most gorgeous view of the bay.  I ordered an incredible Italian soda flavored Elderflower.  I had never had anything like it and ended up loving it!  Although the name totally reminded me of Harry Potter and the "Elder Wand"...yes I'm a total nerd!
View along the Embarcadero of the Ferry building and the Bay Bridge.  I love this city!

Julie and Maren, I love you girls so much!
I had a blast with you both and am missing you like crazy.  If you're ever in mood for another fun adventure just let me know and I'll be there!  Thank you for your friendships over these past years.  I love you both and count myself very lucky to call you dear friends!
Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed