Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Parties, Shopping, Cakes, and Pedicures

I love where we live.
They are not the most beautiful apartments and I really wish we had nice grass in the back yard, but I LOVE the people that live in my neighborhood.  I've been blessed with incredible friends and a good portion of them all live within the same block as us.  It is common to have neighborhood BBQs, play dates at the park, and hear all sorts of screaming laughter from the kids as they play out back.
The summer's been pretty busy for us all, but lately we've been able to get together for at least a few gatherings.  One of which was Jules' birthday.  We all went up to the park a few blocks up the hill from our apartments where we celebrated with candles, cake, cookies, and picnic lunches.  All our kids ran around the park while we sat in the shade talking, eating, and laughing.
I may of had some fun with the Princess themed plates, napkins, and balloon!

Later that week Jules, Michelle, and I needed to hit up JoAnn's Fabric store for different projects we were all working on.  Both Jules and Michelle were finishing up their nursery and I needed supplies for the baby shower I was throwing.  While shopping we had some fun with some items...
Poor little Daxton!
 That night I decided to tackle something I had seen on line...a diaper cake.  I have to admit that I was quite nervous about trying something like this, especially since I am far from being crafty and my homemaking skills are subpar.  But after I started, I quickly realized that it really wasn't too hard.  I ended up making the first cake within an hours time out of a little under 100 newborn diapers and since I had bought size 1 diapers as well, I figured I would make a second cake out of those.
All together the project took me a little over a couple hours and I needed Dallas' help a few times on the base levels since I couldn't handle that many diapers on my own.  But I was pretty proud of myself and how they turned out.  Obviously they would look cuter if I had used plain white diapers, but after using Huggies diapers with Daxton, I am a firm believer there is no better brand!

The next day Jen texted me and told me that there was a pedicure party about to start out behind our apartments.  I couldn't help but wake little Daxton a bit early from his nap to go attend.  It was so much fun!  I was an observer for the event, but it was so much fun to sit back and hang out with the girls.  Jen wanted to give the girls who were pregnant their gifts of foot massages and pedicures.  She is such a sweetheart and Jules and Michelle were obviously in heaven!  I also loved watching all the young girls getting their nails done as well.  So cute!
 Aubrey was on nail painting duty for Jules and Michelle, while the mommy's painted their daughters' nails.
 This is Daxton's "Really mom?  You woke me up from a nap to come to a pedicure party?  You better feed me right now!" face...
 Little Leah couldn't decide on what color to eat.
Gotta love all that red hair!
 We didn't want Daxton to feel left out, so Aubrey painted his nails blue to match his cute Hurley outfit from the Pereira family.  He was actually pretty interested in it and held his foot relatively still while she was painting.  It was pretty funny to watch his apprehensive facial expressions.  He couldn't take his eyes off his toes!
 Thanks again, Aubrey, for the great paint job!
We loved it!
 Showing off his adorable outfit and matching toes.
 Later that night Sarah and Leah joined Daxton and I on a walk to get dinner.  We had a fun time watching them interact.
 Lots of staring, touching, and making noises at each other.  I'm sure they're going to be good friends.  The picture below is my absolute favorite!  I guess Daxton was talking too loud for Leah.  She was telling him "Shhhhh."
I love watching babies interact! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed