Friday, August 17, 2012

Visiting Daddy at Work

Dallas has been working for PriceWaterhouseCooper in San Francisco for a little over 6 years.  Even though he works long hard hours, we are so grateful for his stable employment.  They've all been extremely generous to us throughout the wedding and then birth of our little guy.  He works with such amazingly kind, supportive people.  I'm so glad he's made such incredible friends there throughout the years.
At the beginning of August, we thought it would be fun to ride BART into the city to visit daddy at work.  I remember when I first moved to the bay area, I was so excited to ride the BART train.  Now I have to admit that I kindof dread it.  True it's convenient, relatively fast, and you don't have to drive through traffic, but I swear it gets dirtier and dirtier every time we ride on it.  Being the overprotective mother that I am, waiting until Daxton was at least 4 months old to ride on BART was a must.  We got on at the Lafayette BART station, since it's the closest stop at our house.
 The noises were all new to Daxton and I was really nervous about the tunnel under the bay from Oakland to San Francisco; it it quite loud.  It was pretty funny to watch all the different facial expressions along our journey.  I was hoping that he would be lulled to sleep by the movement of the train, but it was a bit to loud.  At first he was fine, just quietly looking around, taking in all the different shadows and faces walking by...
 But then we reached Oakland and for some reason he lost it.  Screaming at the top of his lungs, I pulled him out of his car seat to try and soothe him.  This helped a bit and his screaming turned more to moaning.  There was a really sweet old couple sitting next to me that he was really interested in.  Watching them make faces at him, calmed him for at least a few stops.  Once we hit the tunnel under the water it got much louder and Daxton hated it.  He continued to scream for a few more minutes before, thankfully, getting off at Embarcadero exit (San Francisco's first exit).
By the time we walked the couple blocks to Dallas' building, Daxton had fallen asleep and I was a disheveled mess!
 Several of Dallas' coworkers have been requesting to see little Daxton for months.  He works with some of the sweetest girls and all were excited to hold our little guy.
He quickly took a special liking to Jill!
 Snuggling with Judy...
He loved watching all of her crazy faces she would make to get him to smile.
 Showing off his new standing skills with Jenny.
 While we were there we ended up having to change his diaper and breast feed little Daxton.  It was quite the experience watching Daddy use his desk for more than just his accounting skills.
 We met so many wonderful people and everyone was so excited to meet little Daxton.  While Dallas was finishing up a few things, we decided to walk downstairs to grab a yummy chicken shwarma.  Daxton and I ate them across from the Ferry Building in front of a fun fountain.  I love beautiful days in San Francisco!
 Daxton had a hard time falling back asleep, so we ended up walking around along the Embarcadero.  The motion lulled him to sleep, just in time for us all to ride BART home.  Miraculously he did an amazing job on the way home, sleeping the whole way.  I guess daddy is the magic touch!

View of the Ferry building.
 Falling asleep next to the fountain.

 One last picture...my favorite...
Sucking on his lower lip after a fun filled afternoon in the city. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten, I'm not sure if you know this, but I'm from San Bruno. I so enjoy looking at your blog and seeing all the parts of the Bay Area I love and miss dearly.

    Daxton is such a darling baby! I bet you are the most incredible mother ever. He is just so cute--I want to eat him right up, especially that last shot...so gorgeous!

    I saw a picture of one of your hubby's co-workers, Jenny. She went to my high school, Capuchino (a couple years behind me though). Funny! If you see her again, ask her if she remember the Idiarts (my maiden name).

    Hope you're doing well. I loved your post about Jason.
    Love,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed