Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Summer Road Trip: HWY 199

As we continued our drive to Crescent City along HWY 199 we were quickly transported to the scene right out of Star Wars, where they're chasing each other through the huge trees on those hoover motorcycles.  Luckily Dallas is an amazing driver, because when we drove around a corner and I squealed in delight at the first glimpse of enormous Redwoods, he carefully pulled over instead of swerving into oncoming traffic.  None of these pictures do the beauty of this drive justice, but here are some of our favorite images.  I LOVE the thick green ferns and undergrowth among the giant trees.  I couldn't help but feel absolutely tiny in their shadows. 







 

1 comment:

  1. Loving all of your pictures, as always. And before you wrote me saying I should come visit.... I was already thinking about it because it has been WAY too long. Let's see what we can work out. Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed