Monday, July 29, 2013

Bryan's Family Visit: Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39

After the Duckboat tour, we were all pretty hungry so we decided to walk down to the rainforest cafe.  I have eaten here several times and love the fun atmosphere, but I definitely underestimated the effect it would have on a couple of my nieces!  Two of them were very nervous about entering, due to the dark lighting and sporadic animal growls.  I have to give them credit though, because both were very scared and ended up being extremely brave during our lunch visit.  By the end we were all in good spirits and ready to tackle the remainder of the day in San Francisco.

As we were leaving the Rainforest Cafe, we found the funniest bar stools...don't mind that our children are sitting up at the bar!
We decided that we wanted to explore Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39 with all the kiddos.  It is always so much fun to see what new things are pointed out through the eyes of little ones!  As we were walking along the Embarcadero, the kids found a fun bubble machine that also played music.  Needless to say, a bubble filled dance party quickly erupted.  I love my nieces and nephews so much, but mostly love how much they love each other as well!

After the bubble dance party, we wandered down to Pier 39...


I can honestly say that once we got down to the sea lions I was shocked!  I've lived here for five years and have been visiting the bay area for another five before that and there are always a ton of sea lions hanging out at Pier 39.  This time there were maybe 10 total...it was crazy!  Maybe they aren't liking all the traffic with America's Cup taking place?

Max and Will watching one of the Sea lions on the pier.

Most of our crazy crew...
Heather, Sadie, Natalie, Max, Lincoln, Rulon, Ellis, Will, and Katrina (Heather, Olive, Daxton, and I not pictured.)

Having fun along the pier...



LOVE the views of Alcatraz from Pier 39.

I know it's a total tourist trap, but I adore Pier 39.  There are so many fun shops, restaurants, and interesting people to watch.  I am going to miss it here so very much!


A perfect spot to end our first adventurous day in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed