Monday, July 8, 2013

Janelle's Visit: Fisherman's Wharf and Pier 39

Since the duck boat tour that Janelle, Daxton, and I took was located across the street from Fisherman's wharf, we decided that it would be the perfect excuse to wander around the Embarcadero and down to Pier 39.
There are so many reasons why I love San Francisco; one of them being all the different colors and "colorful" people.  I've been down there hundreds of times now and every time I see different characters.  Gotta love the crazies that come out in the city!

Yummy crab at Fisherman's wharf

Eating warm, yummy sourdough while listening to fun live music.

Not sure how I've never noticed these before, but we found stairs at Pier 39 that play different piano notes as you walk up them.  It reminded me of the huge piano you can jump on at FAO Schwartz in New York (also shown in the movie "Big.")  The neat thing about these stairs is that they work by motion sensors.  If you look at the picture below, you can see a black strip that runs along the side of the stairs on the left hand side.  This is the motion detector that plays a note as you take a step up or down the stairs.  Needless to say Daxton had a blast crawling up and down the stairs making music as he went.
Daxton was pretty mad at me when I went to pick him up.  He did NOT want to leave the musical stairs!

We couldn't go to Pier 39 and not get Crepes for lunch.  We decided to split the Turkey/Pesto/Avacado crepe and the Nutella/banana crepe.  Janelle also wanted to try the garlic fries.  Everything was super yummy of course!

A gorgeous view of Alcatraz from Pier 39.

Some of the gorgeous sailboats that line the pier.

Since we were right next to the aquarium, we figured we would peek our heads in real quick since I have a membership that gets another adult in free every time.  Daxton LOVES the aquarium, especially sitting up on the ledge and looking closely at all the sea stars and fish that swim by.

Goofing off at the aquarium...

For dinner we walked down to the Rainforest Cafe where Dallas was able to meet up with us.  As you can tell from the pictures below, Daxton was ecstatic to see his daddy.  He immediately started giggling and laughing in his arms.  They are quite the duo!

Daxton and daddy checking out the aquarium inside of Rainforest Cafe.

We have a silly one on our hands!

We seriously have an EASY baby!  Daxton lets me drag him all over, all day long, and never throws a fit.  I realize this is rare and am just enjoying our adventures as much as possible.  I love how well he interacts with others and easily goes to other people.  He literally is a big ball of love and we just can't get enough of him!

The following day Janelle and I decided to keep things a bit more local by spending the day at water world.  We relaxed, watched movies, ate yummy food, played with my little guy, and caught up on everything.  The next day Dallas and I flew to Florida to go house hunting and Janelle babysat little Daxton for a couple days until my parents could get there.  He was such a sweetheart for her (so she said :) and they had a blast together.  Janelle continues to be one of the most amazing friends I've ever had.  She's so kind and caring; willing to drop everything to help someone.  I'm a better person with her in my life and the most exciting thing is knowing that Daxton will be too.
He sure loves his Auntie Nellie!

Thanks again, Janelle, for everything!

1 comment:

  1. Lilly was looking at the pictures of this post while I read it and when I scrolled down to a picture of Daxton she said, "Oh THAT'S a cute baby!" haha!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed