Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chrissy Field Beach

A couple weeks ago, Daxton and I met up with Lisa and Maddie for an adventurous day in the city.  We've loved all of our adventures with them over the past year they have lived in the bay area.  It's crazy to me that I've know Lisa for over 10 years now.  I'm so grateful for my time in New Zealand and the lasting friendships made there.

Lisa and I thought it would be fun to take the kids to Chrissy Field Beach for a picnic and to play in the sand.  When we arrived though, the lovely San Francisco weather changes had other plans. It was pretty foggy and VERY windy which made for an interesting and sandy picnic.  But as you can tell from the pictures below, the kids still had a blast!
Maddie's smiles are absolutely contagious!
I love her so much and had so much fun getting extra hugs from her at the beach.  Daxton loved watching Maddie play in the sand. You could tell he wanted to walk, but was a bit too nervous to try it off of the blanket.  Gotta love all the different facial expressions from Maddie!

Words can't express how much love I have for this girl.
I've had so many fun and life changing memories with Lisa and I've loved having her so close this past year...now how do I convince Luke to change jobs again and move them to Florida with us at the end of the summer!!???

Exploring the windy sea shore with Alcatraz in the background.


It is so much fun to see these two interact.
They are the best little buddies and make each other laugh all the time.  I love to watch them make faces and play together.
Two peas in a pod, for sure!




Since the weather wasn't as warm as we would have liked, we decided to head over to Pier 39 after our picnic.  It helped to get out of the wind for a bit and the kids loved looking at all the different people and animals.


Can't do Pier 39 without stopping by the smelly sea lions.
The kids loved watching them from the balcony and listening to them bark.

We decided since we were at Pier 39 we might as well hit up the aquarium, since we had a membership.  Daxton continues to LOVE aquariums like his mommy.

Mommy and baby heaven...



Every time we go, I see something new.
I can't wait to teach Daxton all about the animals he is seeing.
It was pretty cool, because they had just fed the starfish when we got there.  I have never seen starfish eat before and it was fascinating to see them up against the tunnel glass.
Gotta love the aquarium!
It was another adventurous and fun outing with Lisa and Maddie!
Thanks again, Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed